Re: Making changes in our decisions
From: Kay Argyle (argylemines.utah.edu)
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:37:01 -0600 (MDT)
> Or they leave in frustration which means cooperative
> living did not work for them

IN THAT PARTICULAR GROUP

> they wanted things their way, and it aint
> gunna happen.

There are status quo issues in our community that drive me bats.  For
instance, I'm "anti-dog" and authoritarian, because I resent dog poop on the
lawn, think that dogs shouldn't be left unattended outside and dog owners
should be responsible for cleaning up even after strays.  The rest of this
particular community sees nothing wrong in the status quo of wandering,
pooping-where-they-please dogs.  Yet in a different community, where someone
had made a  persuasive case for loose dogs being Bad For The Community, it
might be the loose-dogs folks who were failing at cooperative living instead
of me.

Don't regard yourself as a failure at cooperative living because you
discover you have some principles you dislike having to sell out to get
along.

Kay