Re: Making changes in our decisions
From: Jeanne Goodman (GoodmanJjpcohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 18:12:01 -0600 (MDT)
First of all, I'd like to say that I'm not trying to turn this post into a
dog poop thread. I'm interested in the decision making thread with this
example as the tool.

Now, my understanding is that the way this is supposed to be handled is that
you, Kay, would bring your concerns to a committee. Verify the policy on dog
poop and then make the effort to find out why this problem exists. (Granted,
we're not living there, yet. So perhaps I'm being naieve about this.)

Your fellow community members would then hear your concerns and make an
effort to address them. Just because you don't like dog poop on the lawn
doesn't mean you think that members of the community shouldn't be allowed to
own dogs, right? If no one in the community had any dogs, as a policy, who
would you feel should pick up after the strays?

What amendments to your existing policies might you recommend that would
satisfy your needs and the needs of others in the community? Have all sides
in the issue been heard and understood?

Jeanne Goodman
Jamaica Plain Cohousing
Boston, MA