Re: Donations from Community Funds
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:09:01 -0600 (MDT)
At Monterey Cohousing, (Minneapolis, Minnesota)  I don't think we've
ever contributed  as a group, that I remember.  We have often taken
collections for personal-type situations (death in the family,
retirement gift, acknowledgement give) but I don't remember ever
"supporting" something.  We had quite a discussion about whether to
support an anti-war statement as a group, in our name.  Only one
person felt it was appropriate.   We have a policy that we can put out
political lawn signs, and there can be multiple signs, as in Green
party and Democratic Party (Wellstone) in recent past.  The idea being
that they don't necessarily represent all of us.

Judy

 a 3 BR townhouse is for sale
Two new members have moved into our studio-size coop-ownership
apartments.
-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
coops moved in in 1993, townhomes in 1996