cheap conference nonstops from Sacramento,Salt Lake
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:48:02 -0600 (MDT)
I just spotted a couple of deals that might make it easier for people to
attend the National Cohousing conference in Boulder next month: A 2-day
sale on Frontier Airlines, with nonstops from Sacramento and Salt Lake
City to Denver, priced at $109 and $99 respectively.

http://www.frontierairlines.com/SMF/
http://www.frontierairlines.com/SLC/

Combine this with the member discount and inexpensive dorm or youth
hostel accomodations in Boulder, and you've got big savings! When I was
fare-shopping last week, $150 each way was the best I found from SF and
nearby airports.

http://www.boulderhostel.com/

It's worth coming early for the pre-conference (Friday) workshops alone:
some of these would cost you far more per person to get these top-notch
community and development professionals out to your area.

The conference brochure and web page...

http://www.cohousing.org/conf/co2003/travel.html

... recommends Denver SuperShuttle:

http://www.supershuttledenver.com/

however I got there a couple of years ago quite inexpensively on comfy
SkyRide bus (route AB) from DIA, operated by RTD:

http://www.rtd-denver.com/skyRide/

Fare $10, travel time a little more than an hour. Departures about
hourly, usually 20 to 35 past the hour. Schedule (scroll down to see FROM
the airport)

http://www.rtd-denver.com/Routes/RouteAB/357Weekdays.html

Please pass the word to anyone in communities in the Salt Lake/Sacramento
extended areas... it would be great to see more folks from new
communities like Pleasant Hill and the nearing-move-in Cotati Coho.

Raines
(who might fly there, thanks to this deal, and take Amtrak coming back -
it's a beautiful ride, and, if you book online at tickets.amtrak.com and
use discount code H315, it's even cheaper, just $60.75, without all the
hassles of airports, and a connecting bus from Boulder if you want it)

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Where we are working through conflicting proposals defining
member/resident responsibilities and benefits.

  Member, Berkeley [CA] Cohousing (elected Secretary! oh, fun.)
Where we reached consensus on letting some new (potential) neighbors dine
with us (and help cook and clean), making progress along the way on
recognizing lots of old related issues about membership, growth, borders,
noise, and control.

  Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing [on hiatus] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Where the Cohousing Co. will be having its next slide show June 4, see
http://www.cohousingco.com/

  Boardmember, Coho/US <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Formerly The Cohousing Network (TCN), now The Cohousing Association of
the United States (Coho/US)