Food choices as a conflict
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:50:02 -0600 (MDT)
In my experience with cohousing, Veggies and meaties is not a big issue.
(these terms are cartoons for me, I draw them as a carrot with a face and
legs and a hamburger with face and legs) This is mostly an accommodated
difference. Occasionally I have heard about some small issues about things
like kosher, but for the most part, groups tend to work this out. It can be
a conflict though, but I wouldn't put it on the top three list. How people
communicate about that issue however is fodder for lots of conflicts, Often
Veggies assuming moral Superiority over meaties using language that does not
encourage accommodation but divisions.

Rob Sandelin
South Snohomish County at the headwaters of Ricci Creek
Sky Valley Environments  <http://www.nonprofitpages.com/nica/SVE.htm>
Field skills training for student naturalists
Floriferous [at] msn.com

---