starting up - what to do first?
From: timnabby (timnabbyjuno.com)
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:07:06 -0600 (MDT)

Hi!

We've started a cohousing group in NJ, (our second meeting is tomorrow) and I'm
trying to figure out what we should be doing now, and what we should be waiting
to do until after we reach some sort of critical mass, so I thought I'd ask how
each of your started.

We have done some flyers, and advertised it to friends and acquaintances, but
although there is a lot of work to do to get this going, we don't really know
where to start.

Does it make sense to create mission/vision statements at this point?
Does it make sense to go to county planning meetings and talk to the planners
about cohousing when we don't even know what county we're interested in, or how
long it will be until we have enough serious interest to decide?

Thanks,
Abby