Re: was delegating decisions: now standing committees
From: Diane Simpson (cohotheworld.com)
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:29:01 -0600 (MDT)

I am also very interested in this. It appears that you have a committee to plan kid events but no committee to deal with general membership events. (Or am I misreading this list?) How do you organize events for the entire membership? Do you ever have workshops or go on retreats?

--Diane(:^]
JP COHOUSING  617-524-6614
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS
HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."

From: Lynn Nadeau <welcome [at] olympus.net>
Date: Sat May 31, 2003  6:48:33 PM US/Eastern

Our standing committees (now that we are 24 households) are Steering,
Grounds, Common House, Architectural Review (only now and then when
needed), Finance, Facilitation, Development (only some leftover odds and
ends on their agenda still), Outreach (marketing and assisting new
members), and Kidstuff. At the moment we have task forces working on
Document Revisions, common house patio development, and Goals document.