Incorporating other / income producing aspects [was: Other
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:10:01 -0600 (MDT)
Jessie Handforth Kome, Dahako [at] aol.com  , Eastern Village Cohousing
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html  and
   http://www.harley.com/turn-off-html/

Note: I also supplied a meaningful subject line, I encourage you to use it
for followups on this thread.  Fred

Hi -

Eastern Village Cohousing, underway in the Silver Spring, Maryland, Arts
and Entertainment District (complete with the American Film Institute and
Discovery Communications) will share a building (big 4-story commercial
building retrofit) with some artist studios.  As I understand it, the
cohousing is a separate condominium from the art (commercial) condominium.
Eastern Village members have first dibs on leasing or buying the art
studios.

We're beginning to struggle a bit right now with questions of security,
from the points of view of both types of owners.  The elevators are on the
cohousing side of the security doors, and the entrance to the parking deck
is on the studio side.  So we're going to have to cooperate somehow.

More later, I presume-
Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
Where we're still on a rapid rapid pace.  This is the week the bids come in
and we find out the price of the units.  Did I mention that this is also the
week we have to sign our purchase agreements?  Pray for us. . .