Rural CoHousing Communities - Maintenance Contracts
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:25:02 -0600 (MDT)
Judith Reeve <judithreeve [at] dccnet.com>
is the author of the message below.
because the message included  an attachment.
Greetings from Roberts Creek, British Columbia

Our community is on the verge of tendering our site services contract, with
an anticipated construction start date of July 14th, (Bastille Day -  Oh no
we mustn't lose our heads!)  We are gathering information about maintenance
agreements and maintenance contracts.
We have a fair amount of information from urban cohousing communities, and
now we are looking for input from rural areas. From plans and photos we have
seen, the project in Martha's Vineyard appears to be similar in site
development to ours. We have 20 acres with housing clustered on 6 acres -
all else is gardens, habitat protection, parking areas and wastewater
treatment fields.

How do you handle maintenance - in the common areas of the grounds, the
common house, parking lots, garbage and recycling?

Looking forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance.

Judith Reeve, BCSLA, CSLA
Landscape Architect