Re:[C-L]_Senior cohousing / Fardknappen [ was: Conference report wanted
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:03:17 -0600 (MDT)
On 6/25/03 9:22 AM, Christine Johnson <cbmanz [at] io.com> wrote:

>Sure wish my husband and I could have made it.   In particular, we are
>interested in "senior co-housing."  If anyone on list attended that
>workshop and would care to report, we'd be most interested in an
>account, your impressions, info. on developments towards the ground
>work on a forming group.

I didn't get to attend either the workshop on building senior cohousing
by Chuck Durrett or the one on Seniors Living in Cohousing, but we DO
have professionally-recorded audiotapes available for both, just $12
each. I'll share the order info shortly.

Fred wrote:

>I hope someone posts a report on the Senior workshop - will there be such
>reports of all workshops on the website in time?

Maybe eventually, depending on what people feel like writing. Evangeline
Welch, Coho/US's publications manager, is writing one overview article
and has commissioned some others. We have conference audio for more than
50 hours of sessions (including some all-day workshops), and we hope to
put these and other conference materials online at www.cohousing.org,
perhaps in a Coho/US members-only area (hint: join today!).

Raines (just of the train, 30 hours coming back)

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Glad to make a recent common meal, first in a while.

  Secretary, Berkeley [CA] Cohousing
Where there seem to be a lot o birthdays lately.

  Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing [on hiatus] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>

  Boardmember, Coho/US <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Energized from an exciting conference!