RE: Sweat Equity and affordable housing
From: Sue Pniewski (SPniewskiHabijax.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:45:04 -0600 (MDT)
This sounds similar to Habitat for Humanity, which has also worked together
with a couple of cohousing groups.  We require 300 hours of sweat equity in
the homeowner's and other people's houses.  It gives the people a real
feeling of ownership and pride in their homes and allows many people who
would otherwise be unable to afford homeownership
 to realize a piece of the american dream.  For more information please see

www.habijax.com   or

http://www.habitat.org

Susan Pniewski, Esq.
General Counsel