Re: commercial ventures as part of cohousing
From: Diane Simpson (cohotheworld.com)
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:47:02 -0600 (MDT)

I would carefully look into the tax credit situation ahead of time and see how that is going to affect the rental of space in your common house, if you ever decide to do that. It is my understanding that buildings that are financed with tax credits cannot charge for the use of the space. (It might pertain to buildings that are ENTIRELY financed with tax credits, I'm not sure.) Just check it out and make sure it's something you're OK with before you sign on to the idea.

--Diane Simpson
JP COHOUSING  617-524-6614
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS
HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."

From: Rodney Elin <elin [at] rff.org>