Re: matching spoons and forks
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:09:04 -0600 (MDT)
On 7/17/03 12:51 PM, "Ellen Orleans" <ellen [at] whdc.com> wrote:

> Any thoughts on the pros and cons of having or attempting to have
> matching silverware (flatware) in the common house? Who does it, who
> doesn't? Thanks for your help.

We have had matching stuff from the beginning and it is nice. Particularly
for identifying CH stuff from your own. One odd thing it eliminates is
people going through the flatware to find the particular spoon or fork they
like, while holding up the serving line.

We were very fortunate to have included all the commonhouse furniture and
stuff in the initial budget so it was folded into all our mortgages. Made a
big difference! $1,000 more in the mortgage doesn't make that much
difference but $43,000 for furnishing certainly does!

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org