Re: Re: Problems with Voting [was Something faster and easier than> consensus?]
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 14:53:11 -0600 (MDT)
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Becky Schaller wrote:

> I wish I knew more about Robert's Rules of Order, but I think a person can
> introduce a motion during a meeting.  I have to admit though, I'm not sure
> about this.  I've spent most of my life learning about consensus, so my
> knowledge of voting procedures is more limited.

With two people who are expert on Robert's Rules of Order, it's easy to
whipsaw a meeting to get just about any outcome they want.  You probably
don't want to get too deeply into them, I think they are far more useful
for destroying consensus than reaching it.

And, yes, I do know Robert's Rules fairly well, I just refuse to use them
to railroad things through a meeting.

-- Matt