Re: Circle process question
From: Cheryl Charis-Graves (ccharisearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:47:20 -0600 (MDT)
Fred said it well. There are probably any number of processes that people
might refer to as "circle process." I am specifically referring to the
process I learned from Christina Baldwin and Ann Linnea several years ago.
And I'm sure their teachings have evolved from the time I took the workshop
in '96. I know they have added several booklets about circle process to
their website.

PeerSpirit provides an online guide to the basics of  process at
http://www.peerspirit.com/htmlpages/circlebasics.html

In general, they base their circle process on a set of principles and
practices that call people into conscious council. Some of these principles
and practices include rotating leadership, shared responsibility for what
occurs in the circle, setting a clear intention for the circle, speaking
without interruption, bringing every voice into the circle, keeping track of
commitments, respecting the energy of the circle and its continuity,
utilizing creative responses to difficulties that arise in the circle,
utilizing consensus in decision-making. It is a process than can be done
with two people or with a dozen. It is admittedly harder to do with a larger
group (>20) in some ways, but the principles of respect and shared
responsibility do not change.

Again, I would reference the book, Calling the Circle by Christina Baldwin
and the PeerSpirit website http://www.peerspirit.com/

Best,
Cheryl Charis-Graves
Harmony Village Cohousing
Golden, Colorado
http://www.harmonyvillage.org

--
Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I¹ll meet
you there. ? Rumi