How do we organize to handle money?
From: Tom Hammer (thammer302yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 07:12:06 -0600 (MDT)
Hello all,

We are a forming community in the DE/PA/MD region, and
we have an early opportunity to put down some money to
hold some land that seems to be just right for us.

This opportunity has taken us a bit by surprise, and
we are not ready with formal agreements or
understandings about how to handle money that members
will have to put in for this purpose and others that
will soon follow.

What do you recommend other than simply seeing a
lawyer?  We can do that, but there are probably no
lawyers in this area familiar with cohousing.  Do you
have copies of your agreements you can send us, or
what do you advise?

Tom Hammer
Concord Village