Re: Leaf blowers in cohousing
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:35:12 -0600 (MDT)
You know, I think there's a misperception out there that we have a policy
for everything in cohousing. Or that we need to meet about everything. We
don't. Most of our "policies" are decided when people are outside talking to
each other. Making formal decisions about this kind of small stuff is a
waste of time. New groups tend to focus on small details they think will be
an issue, and more experienced groups do the "work" of making decisions
outside of meetings, by talking to their neighbors. I'm not saying that this
stuff is not important (especially at the beginning of move-in when people
are still feeling each other out and making connections), but that it's
better to just talk about stuff than try to make policy.

To answer your question, we don't have a policy, and I don't remember
discussing it, but I'm quite sure that there is agreement that we won't ever
use them.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing