Re: Should individual "sponsorship" be allowed of community property?
From: rul (rulgvtc.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:21:07 -0600 (MDT)
This is an interesting discussion reminding me of

I have some thoughts on topic:
* usually a group's good consensus process can resolve these issues and then
develop policy on gift giving
* the differences in individual/family income could be points of issue in this
policy development process

1. What is the policy or practice in your community about gift giving of
time/labor? Are they the same as the gift giving of money policy?

2. What are the guidelines for discussion, information sharing and consensus on
this list?

Some suggestions for future discussion:

I would like specific examples of decisions from your community and the
community process.  I liked the electric tractor example and the big
project/small project budget process.  It is not as helpful when examples
appear to be theoretical without additional decision making content or or
context - swimming pool, red paint.

Henry