Re: Re: rental issue
From: Robert Heinich (robert_heinichjuno.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:30:08 -0600 (MDT)

Hello Meryl,

Eno Commons does not have a policy on renters but leave that decision to the
owners.

So far, from my perspective, it depends on the renter.  We had someone for only
a month who loved the community.  We had another, unfortunately for me, who was
less than optimal.

However, as former condo president from South Florida (Boca Raton, FL), in our
condo docs, we had either a six-months or year minimum.

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing Neighborhood
 Durham, NC

-- MerylD [at] aol.com wrote:

Hi all:

I'm still trying to get a handle on whether it is advantageous or detrimental
to a community for people to be renting out their units for short sprints of
less than a year. On the one hand, that brings interesting people to the
community and allows owners to travel while recouping some expenses. On the
other
hand, people wandering in and out of the community hardly helps intimacy and
stability, especially a concern here in South Florida where snowbirds abound in
wintertime.

Is the Seattle rental posted on this site 6 months minimum for a reason? Is
that the community's policy or the owners? I would love more feedback on
whether other communities feel allowing rentals for less than a year is a good
thing
or a problem?  What about a six-month minimum?

Thanks!
Meryl Davids
Emerald Place Cohousing, Delray Florida
(Breaking ground in a few months)

In a message dated 9/25/03 10:01:12 AM, cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org