Re: Noise in Common House
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 00:44:08 -0600 (MDT)
We're very pleased with our CH acoustics.  I think the 2 most important
factors are our Tectum ceiling and our behavior expectations in the dining
room during meals:  eating and quiet conversation are welcome; playing,
running, yelling, etc. should be taken outside or to the rec room.  I have a
daughter (7) and two sons (5 & 3) and think these expectations are very
realistic.

We also have a cork floor in our dining room and kitchen, which probably
helps a little with the acoustics.

- Mac

P.S.  Rob, I don't think you mentioned if you're working on designing a yet
to be built CH or trying to 'fix' an existing one.

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado