Hot tub ongoing costs?
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:18:11 -0600 (MDT)
Hi. We're working on proposals for a hot tub at Swan's Market Cohousing
(Oakland, CA) and could use any info from groups currently using them for
operating cost information. Specifically:

- Type of tub: wood, plastic, portable, etc.

- Capacity - how many simultaneous users [out of how large a community?]

- Frequency of use - how many days per week?

- Age - how many years has it been in place?

- Cost - How much do you spend on it annually in terms of
-- gas/electricity/wood/coal/whatever? [we can adjust for climate]
-- water [how often changed?]
-- maintenance [does anyone use a service?]
-- chemicals

- Time - How many people have to do how much in the community to keep it
going?

Of course, issues of
design/construction/access/impacts/noise/smells/security/kidproofing are
a whole other ball o' wax, but right now we're trying to assess the
ongoing financial impact.

Raines

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Where the budget process is well underway.

  Secretary, Berkeley [CA] Cohousing
Where we're spending a little bit to waterproof the back of our ancient
chicken-coop bike shed while we figure out a new plan.

  Pass-the-baton-guy, East Bay Cohousing <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Hosting Tree Bressen leading a consensus and facilitation seminar on
Sat., November 8, in Oakland.

  Boardmember, Coho/US <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Reminding all cohousing groups to build in national association dues in
their 2004 budgets!