Re: Student Survey
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:06:12 -0700 (MST)

There have been so many of these surveys, I'm wondering if the time as come to use technology to set up a survey that stays up. A Yahoo Groups survey that each person living in cohousing can respond to and even change their responses over time. Any one who wants to can take a snapshot of the results at any point.

Process:
1. Set up a yahoogroup as CohousingSurvey with subscribers the list limited to verified cohousing residents. (A contact in each community verifies that a person lives in that community.)

2. Establish a lists of questions in groups of common questions -- demographics, community type, personal interests and education, etc. One group of questions could be about children, another about work, etc.

3. The current results of the poll could be sent to any of the students wanting data and a new set of questions posted as someone thinks of them.

This way, people would only have to answer the questions once and not feel like a curmudgeon for not being willing to answer yet another survey. The survey's would be much better designed as well if we did them ourselves.

Any interest? I can set up the list if there are a few people who are willing to help discuss and design the questions. Then others could join who are willing to respond to the questions.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC