Re: Student Survey
From: Robert Heinich (robert_heinichjuno.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:31:11 -0700 (MST)

Sharon,

I like your idea.

While it is wonderful to have so many interested in cohousing, answering
surveys does take a lot of our time.

So will we create a file for our cohousing site in the yahoo group or did you
have a different mechanism in mind.

Should anyone send the results to the students or have a contact point?

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing Neighborhood
 Durham, NC
 www.enocommons.org

-- Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com> wrote:

There have been so many of these surveys, I'm wondering if the time as
come to use technology to set up a survey that stays up. A Yahoo Groups
survey that each person living in cohousing can respond to and even
change their responses over time. Any one who wants to can take a
snapshot of the results at any point.

Process:
1. Set up a yahoogroup as CohousingSurvey with subscribers the list
limited to verified cohousing residents. (A contact in each community
verifies that a person lives in that community.)

2. Establish a lists of questions in groups of common questions --
demographics, community type, personal interests and education, etc.
One group of questions could be about children, another about work, etc.

3. The current results of the poll could be sent to any of the students
wanting data and a new set of questions posted as someone thinks of
them.

This way, people would only have to answer the questions once and not
feel like a curmudgeon for not being willing to answer yet another
survey. The survey's would be much better designed as well if we did
them ourselves.

Any interest? I can set up the list if there are a few people who are
willing to help discuss and design the questions. Then others could
join who are willing to respond to the questions.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC