Guest rooms? / Common House access?
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:05:12 -0700 (MST)
RatliffBill [at] aol.com
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html  and
   http://www.harley.com/turn-off-html/

NOTE- As long as I was editing this message (removing html) I changed the
subject line from the original:  Subject: Two Questions
Please try to use informative subject lines rather than subjects that
describe form of message, incidental items etc.

BTW I'm hopeful that there will be some improvements in the list
software soon. New version of Mailman (including automated stripping of
html), consolidated facilities, better searches.
The change should be near transparent to users.  Particularly if you have
a bookmark to the Cohousing-L Info Page at http://www.cohousing.org/cohousing-L
(The real URL is still visible and would change.)  Email addresses will
not change.

Fred, cohousing-L list manager

I am on the Common House Committee at EcoVillage of Loudoun County in
Virginia.  We expect to be building our Common House within the next year,
and I have been researching the archives of this mailing list and found
them very helpful, especially with regard to the kitchen.  Two questions,
however, I have not seen addressed..  If they have been discussed in
previous years and I have not yet come across them, please accept my
apology.

1.  If you have guest rooms in your Common House, how many do you have and
how often are they actually used, say over a year's time?

2.  How do you handle the availability of the Common House for your
community?  For example, does everyone have a key, or is the Common House
routinely open on certain hours and one person is responsible for
unlocking and locking the doors?

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Bill Ratliff