Re: Re: Common house access
From: Bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 01:12:11 -0700 (MST)
    We live in the center of a large city and lock our
common house, everyone has a key and we have one of
those keypad locks that we all have the combination to
as well, we change the combination once in a while,
not as often as we should probably.  The mailman has a
key to get into where are mailboxes are.  We've never
had any problems that I know about with this
arrangement.  We leave the door unlocked around meal
times and other "party" type events when the place is
full of people coming and going.  Whoever is cooking
or hosting any private party is responsible for
locking up when they leave.
                    Bonnie Fergusson
                    Swan's Market CoHousing
                    Downtown Oakland, CA