Re: Supporting forming communities & national policies/structures
From: Tom Hammer (thammer302yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:33:20 -0700 (MST)
One of the things we lack the most is time.  The
volunteers could help do the myriads of things we
don't get around to, at least as much as we would
like:

--identify key local forums for presentations about
cohousing;
--schedule and give the presentations;
--figure out what are best media in our area for
marketing;
--design a new brochure;
--improve the groups' websites;
--if the group is still looking for land, talk to
several realtors; pre-screen some land;
--approach potential sources of loans/donations;
--if they are skilled at facilitating, train some of
our members in facilitation
--network as much as possible--identify the key people
in the community we haven't thought of who might be
interested in supporting us;

and all the things I haven't thought of yet.

It would depend on their skills, too.

Tom

Tom -- after the initial self-education part for the
"peace corp" or interns
what else do you see them doing for your communties?
Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village
WDC