architects and developers
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:31:13 -0700 (MST)
I live in Sonora Cohousing, Tucson.
IMO, the major thing the developer brought to us is sources
of financing.  I can't see how we could have brought our
project to fruition otherwise.
In terms of expertise: some of the advice we got was good,
and some not so good...  I keep wishing we had a REALLY GOOD
local architect (not the "affordable" one chosen).  Every time my house
overheats because of the shape/size/location of my South Windows (and the
lack of a sufficient overhang) - this thought comes to mind.
Using a permaculture consultant (both to comment/advise on architectural
plans as well on site/land use) is something I highly recommend.

R.