Re: Re: [C-L] improving group dynamics?
From: Saoirse (ccharisearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:28:07 -0700 (MST)
On 11/20/03 1:19 PM, "Elaine" <itchyink [at] spiritone.com> wrote:

Elaine, I'd say offhand that the term "group thinking" could easily trigger
adverse reactions, as it could imply thinking like sheep, which certainly
isn't what you meant.

Group consciousness seems more aligned with what you are conveying.

I think it is helpful to hold a willingness to entertain the questions. But
I also think it is helpful to allow for differences, for different rates of
growth, for different levels of introversion and extroversion.

I'm not sure that living in community for awhile necessarily makes you more
group aware. I think it is an awesome tool for teaching about accommodating
differences within a caring group. But I have seen it push people further
into their individuality, too.

Can you just start with the questions themselves, and entertain the
discussion, listening with a receptive heart and a curious mind?

Saoirse
Harmony Village Cohousing
Golden, Colorado