Shared Work
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:17:11 -0700 (MST)
Patty Nowlin  <Patty [at] prairiesky.ab.ca>
is the author of the message below.
Note:  I'm getting somewhat caught up with posting rejects.  If you've
sent a message that has not come over the list, send me a note.  Fred

Hello from Prairie Sky in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
We have  been living in our community since May and are now realizing
there is much work that needs to get done in our community.   Cleaning
the common house, the parkade, snow removal etc...  I am sure our group
is similar to other communities where  there are varying amounts of
energy that people want to put into shared work.  Some people do not
mind and actually enjoy spending their Saturdays doing community work,
while others on the other end of the continuum would prefer not to do
any  shared work and instead hire other people to do the work.  I am
hoping to get information from groups who have been together awhile on
how you get your work done  while taking into account  people's
preferences towards shared work.

Patty Nowlin