Buy out for common meals
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:19:11 -0700 (MST)
Terri Hupfer Pleasant Hill Cohousing Bay Area, CA <gordita [at] pacbell.net>
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html  and
   http://www.harley.com/turn-off-html/

I'm sure that common meals have been exhaustively covered here on the
list. I do intend to search the archives as soon as I figure out how.
However, I have a very particular question. We have been a community for 2
years. We have common meals twice a week , but participation has fallen
off and we've had to cancel them for lack of people signed up to cook or
clean. I will look at the archives for how other communities structure
their sign ups and systems, etc. What I want to know is, does anyone have
a buyout system for meals? E.g. you eat, but you didn't sign up to cook
or clean so you pay a certain fee, that fee then used to hire childcare or
cleaners or whatever in the absence of your participation?

Thanks,
Terri Hupfer
Pleasant Hill Cohousing
Bay Area, CA