Community House Kitchens
From: James Kacki (jimkackimb.sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:30:12 -0700 (MST)

I m doing some research on equipment required for community house kitchens and would be interested in the experience of those who have set them up. For a community of say, 30 families, how much kitchen equipment do you need in the community house?
# of ranges (stoves)
# of fridges
# of sinks

Also, a question that is just as important
Did the local authorities force you to comply with commercial kitchen regulations? (e.g fire rated ducts, sprinklers in the exhaust hoods, etc.) Commercial kitchen regulations mean a lot of money and some authorities are very sticky about that. Here in this part of Canada, anything that is not a kitchen in a 'standard' residence (even church basement kitchens with one stove) are required to comply with regulations for commercial kitchens. I'd be very interested in your experience on these qustions.

Thanks very much!!
James