Re: Shared Work
From: Fred H Olson (fholsontcfreenet.org)
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:05:13 -0700 (MST)
Regine Wilson, Yullupa Cohousing Chknsoup1 [at] aol.com
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html
   http://www.harley.com/turn-off-html/
I used to live in a co-op where 8 hours of work a month was expected.   If
you couldn't do it you paid instead.   The pay should be what it cost to hire
labor to do it from a labor agency like Labor Ready   which in our case was $15
an hour.   Four hours could be counted for committee work that was done during
the month by an individual, but the other 4 hours would have to be paid for.
 This built up a fund so that we could hire people to do some of the things
that weren't getting done otherwise.
Regine Wilson, Yullupa Cohousing