Re: Cohousing-L back to normal/holiday celebrations
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:43:08 -0700 (MST)
Oh, sorry. It's a Mexican tradition. People get dressed up as Joseph and
Mary(Jose and Maria), and the animals, and go door to door asking if there's
room at the inn. You open your door and tell them "No" and slam the door in
their faces. Then you sneak out and join the procession. Afterwards, and
here it may be a modification for cohousing, we all go to the common house
and sing Christmas carols and drink hot chocolate.

The participants carry candles, which the little pyromaniacs love.

Liz