RE: Pond Safety
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:53:14 -0700 (MST)
Sharingwood has two ponds, one a drainage pond, the other a garden pond.
Neither have fencing, both have had kids fall into them. Parents of toddlers
supervise their kids, ponds not withstanding. Both ponds are magnets to the
older kids (5 and up) and like I said, most of the hard core pond players
have been in at least once, maybe more. Water is a great play area. Safety
with toddlers is an issue, but not a big one since that age bracket does not
wander unsupervised in my community anyway.

Rob Sandelin
South Snohomish County at the headwaters of Ricci Creek
Sky Valley Environments  <http://www.nonprofitpages.com/nica/SVE.htm>
Field skills training for student naturalists
Floriferous [at] msn.com