Team cultures
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:30:12 -0700 (MST)
Hi all -

Does anyone out there have any insight to offer on the following situation:

The Eastern Village group as a whole is using one consensus process, which we
are working to hone (with help and training from Laird Schaub). However, every
major team except community life uses a different process.  The outreach team
mostly meets virtually or just messages/phones each other.  The finance team is
(somewhat oddly, IMHO) much less formal and usually chews through items in long
discussions at the local coffee house (which in large part accounts for my
regular attendance at their meetings).  The design team seems to use different
variations in each subteam.

This is a large group - we're in development with about 40 households bought in
and several more in the wings - heading for a total of 56.

Do you have any experience with different teams within the same community
having different consensus cultures from each other and from the group as a
whole?  Any observations?

Thanks -

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
www.easternvillage.org
"Where we're in the thick of development - the roof is dried in, our apartments
are almost all framed, selection of individual options is coming up, and many
design and money decisions are being made quickly."