Re: Team cultures
From: Dave & Diane (cohotheworld.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:49:13 -0700 (MST)
Hi Jesse,

Yes, I do, as a matter of fact. We are going through that right now with an extremely important issue. The issue crosses the lines of the Business Committee and the Neighborhood Outreach Committee. The Business Committee in our group has this new consensus procedure called a "blog." The chair creates something called a 'blog'. You get sent an e-mail with the location and instructions for the 'blog'. The issues are listed in the 'blog' instructions. The members then type their comments into a word processing document and send it back to the chair. The chair integrates the comments into one master document and posts it on the website so that members can log in periodically and see what other members have written.

Advantages: Nobody has to be in the same room at the same time
Disadvantages: Discussion goes 'round and 'round and some questions never get answered.

The Neighborhood Outreach committee on the other hand, prefers to meet in person when we have a big issue to discuss.

Normally it would not create a problem but when you create interdisciplinary 'task groups' it creates huge problems. I hope you have a coordinating committee that can figure out how to resolve things.

--Diane(:^\

JP COHOUSING  617-524-6614
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS
HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."