Re: wisdom wanted on common house kitchen cabinets
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:20:48 -0700 (MST)

On Dec 8, 2003, at 1:14 PM, Ellen Orleans wrote:

In our common house, we are considering glass doors on our upper
cabinets in the common house kitchen. The idea is to keep the contents
clean while providing visibility as to what is in the cabinet without
having to open doors.

We took the doors off our upper cabinets in the theory that people could find things more easily. What we got was not only open messy shelves but they ALSO have pasted on labels of what is supposed to be on the shelves. Glass doors would be very nice but if your members are like ours they will still put up labels and signs and the shelves, even when organized, will look messy. Some of our members are regretting our open kitchen for this reason.

I'm planning to do a floor plan of the kitchen tomorrow in hopes that it will help locate things more quickly than going around reading labels, try to get the doors put back on, and get label holders so we can get rid of the dirty goo that builds up from tape and adhesive.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC