Re: wisdom wanted on common house kitchen cabinets
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:28:28 -0700 (MST)
We've had open shelves since we moved in, and I don't think there's ever
been any discontent with them. I think having to open and close doors would
be very noisy during the whole meal process. Glass doors seem to me to be
the worst of both worlds: opening and closing doors all the time, plus you
see the clutter anyway. Also, they need to be cleaned a lot. Don't
overestimate the amount of work people want to do in the kitchen. You want
to make it easier, not harder.

I don't think that signs help much-people ignore them anyway. There just has
to be reorganization on a regular basis anyway.

I would point out that Sharon's CH and mine are different in one important
way: we've been here much longer. Not to discount her ideas. It's important
to remember there are no one-size-fits-all answers in cohousing. But I would
expect that no matter what the system, it takes awhile for everyone to
remember where everything goes.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing