Re: wisdom wanted on common house kitchen cabinets
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:45:23 -0700 (MST)
At Sharingwood we designed our kitchen on the principle that by standing at the end of the kitchen you could see all the tools. We have no drawers, things are in bins on the counter, we have no doors, just open shelves. Yes, you can easily see all the tools. We do not care all that much if it looks cluttered, although occaisionally the clutter fairies organize things a bit.

The open shelves are a problem in that sometimes vigorous cooks splash food debris on the dishes below the island. We will be installing some doors on this particular area someday when
our resident cabinet maker gets around to it. Any year now.....

Rob Sandelin
SHaringwood