Cohousing Problems & Drawbacks
From: Bambi Rattner (jehush2003yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:57:59 -0700 (MST)
Hi Everyone,

We're part of a cohousing community that will be built
within a year or two.  We have almost all of our
members in place, but we got a query from a potential
new member that sent us back to thinking about why we
value the project in the first place and about the
potential problems of living together.  The new person
has said that he sees our enthusiasm for cohousing but
would like a bit more information and more of our
thoughts about the possible drawbacks.  Many of us
have responded with some of the fears and anxieties
that are the flip side of our hopes and dreams, but
most of us have not actually lived in cohousing
before, so everything is rather hypothetical.

We'd be grateful if those of you currently living in
cohousing communities would respond with your own
thoughts and experiences about some of the issues,
problems, drawbacks, etc. of living in community.

Thanks,

Bambi (Rocky Hill Cohousing, Northampton, MA)