Home schooling in Cohousing
From: Zev Paiss (ZpaissComcast.net)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:47:15 -0700 (MST)
Title: Home schooling in Cohousing
Dear Cohousers,
   Greetings for the New Year! We hope this e-mail finds you all happy and
healthy. We are writing you to ask for some information and would love your
input.
   Neshama and I are helping to start a cohousing community in Aurora,
Illinois, the largest city in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. We have found
that a significant number of residents do not like the public school system
there, and that there is an impressive amount of home schooling happening in
the area.
   We know that a cohousing community is a great place to consider home
schooling, and we would love to hear from those of you who are out there
doing it so we can pass along encouragement and information to prospective
cohousing members in Aurora.
   In particular we'd love to know how you have organized things. Is the
home school a cohousing community function? Do other residents help with it?
Are there any elders or other non-parent mentors? Are there kids from
outside the cohousing community who join in? Any info you can share with us
would be greatly appreciated!
   Please reply to this e-mail with your stories and info. Let us know if it
is OK to use your name and location when we pass the info on, and if you
would be open to speaking/e-mailing to any parents about home schooling in
cohousing. Please send the stories and info either way and we can use them
anonymously.
   Thanks so much for your assistance!
Zev Paiss and Neshama Abraham