Common House kitchen cabinets--glass doors or open shelves?
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:47:24 -0700 (MST)
Mike Swettenam of Oak Creek Commons (Paso Robles, CA) posed this question to me and I suggested he ask the rest of you the same question. Since he's not yet a subscriber to this list, I'm posting his hello and question and a copy of my initial response to the listserv on his behalf.

Joani Blank
Swan's Market Cohousing.

Greetings All,

I was wondering if any of you could spare a few words of wisdom regarding your experiences with the kitchen cabinets in your common house.

We are considering having glass doors on our upper cabinets in the common house kitchen. The idea is to keep the contents clean while providing visibility as to what is in the cabinet without having to open doors.

Does anyone have upper cabinets with glass doors in their common house kitchen?  If so, how do they work for you?

Are there any advantages to having open shelving for upper cabinets (no doors)?

Any sage advice of what to do or not to do when it comes to common house cabinets?

Decision time is near -- so your help would be much appreciated!

Mike Swettenam
Oak Creek Commons Cohousing
mikesw [at] OakCreekCommons.org