Re: Supporting forming communities--national ads & local signs
From: Tree Bressen (treeic.org)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:37:43 -0700 (MST)
Hi Tom,

We were thinking that it would make sense to advertise
in some national publications that would be of
interest to Cultural Creatives.  Examples might be
Utne Reader, Mother Earth News, or Communities
Magazine. I'm sure you can think of lots of others.

Another way that we could pool resources is to start
having some of the signs printed up nationally, that
plugs cohousing.org, but has a space or pocket where
local phone numbers could be slipped in.  Then
individual communities could buy and place as many as
they wanted.

I think your ideas here are sound. It's the same strategy that the Federation of Egalitarian Communities (FEC) has used successfully for decades. For many years Utne Reader was our "flagship" ad (the one that was most expensive and garnered the most response). And of course we always advertise in Communities. Combining our resources in order to do effective outreach helps everyone.

Cheers,

--Tree

Tree Bressen
1680 Walnut St.