RE: decision circles
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:16:53 -0700 (MST)
Here is the Sharingwood Criteria

Small group decision making should not be used when:

·       The decision involves spending community money that is not in a
committee
budget, or otherwise budgeted, or is outside the general parameters of a
committees budget. (For example if the commonhouse committee wanted to
donate $100 to the Kara clothing fund)

·       The decision changes the use of, or significantly alters a common area.
(For example building a storage shed on the island)

·       The decision affects the property of one or more lot owners. (For
example,
lets raise pigs in the back of the commonhouse).

·       There is a conflict between individual self interest and the best
interest
of the group. (For example I want to sell the commonhouse tables and buy
camping gear)

·       In your best judgment the decision should have input from everybody at a
general meeting.

Rob Sandelin
South Snohomish County at the headwaters of Ricci Creek
Sky Valley Environments  <http://www.nonprofitpages.com/nica/SVE.htm>
Field skills training for student naturalists
Floriferous [at] msn.com