Re: Supporting forming communities--national ads & local signs local signs
From: Tom Hammer (thammer302yahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:39:28 -0700 (MST)
for all forming communities or all other communities
who also would like to advertise nationally or
collectively support each others' advertising, as
described below, to please gather electronically by
emailing me individually.

The cohousing-l listserv seems to have postings mostly
from established cohousing communities; perhaps many
members of forming communities don't read these
postings. If you are a member of an established
community but know someone who might like to
participate in this effort, please forward this note
to them.

Thanks,

Tom Hammer
for Concord Village

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:48:54 -0800
> From: Tree Bressen <tree [at] ic.org>
> Subject: Re: [C-L]_Supporting forming
> communities--national ads &
>       local signs
> To: cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> >We were thinking that it would make sense to
> advertise
> >in some national publications that would be of
> >interest to Cultural Creatives.  Examples might be
> >Utne Reader, Mother Earth News, or Communities
> >Magazine. I'm sure you can think of lots of others.
>
> >Another way that we could pool resources is to
> start
> >having some of the signs printed up nationally,
> that
> >plugs cohousing.org, but has a space or pocket
> where
> >local phone numbers could be slipped in.  Then
> >individual communities could buy and place as many
> as
> >they wanted.
>
> I think your ideas here are sound.  It's the same
> strategy that the
> Federation of Egalitarian Communities (FEC) has used
> successfully for
> decades.  For many years Utne Reader was our
> "flagship" ad (the one that
> was most expensive and garnered the most response).
> And of course we
> always advertise in Communities.  Combining our
> resources in order to do
> effective outreach helps everyone.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --Tree

> Tree Bressen
> 1680 Walnut St.
> Eugene, OR 97403
> (541) 484-1156
> tree [at] ic.org
> http://www.treegroup.info

=====
Concord Village--richer relationships in a new kind of neighborhood.
http://tom.hammer.tripod.com/cohousing