Steel homes.. 2 3 plus levels.. with a sundeck roof
From: Asynaps (asynapsyahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:39:34 -0700 (MST)
Title: Steel homes.. 2 3 plus levels.. with a sundeck roof

I was chatting with a guy that built himself a 3 floor steel home with a sunroof on top (ref: http://www.donmay.com/sh1.htm ). I liked information I heard about using steel instead of wood to build a structure. I am wondering what you guys think about living and working in a home that is build of steel and concrete.

Some Frequently Asked Questions and answers about steel homes http://www.homesofdistinctionco.com/FAQ.html

I found plans for steel homes here: http://www.steelhomes.org/
Also, see: http://www.steel-frame-homes.com

Some videos on it http://www.steel-frame-homes.com/clip1a.mov

http://www.steel-frame-homes.com/clip3a.mov

http://www.homesofdistinctionco.com/

These are just some ideas about materials to use on a multi-unit structure. One of the things I liked about using metal, is it allows for greater interior square footage than wood type framed structures. This can be of value when tryig to squeeze out as many square feet as possible on expensive urban properties. Also, this allows for more available space outside than a standard wooden structure. And It appears that it is stronger and more resistance to weather, mold, termites, fire, etc. And It appear s that these structures can go higher than wooden structures. So it may be possible to squeeze in additional footage in additional floors.

Michael

Venice Ocean Park Food Co-op
Food co-op/buying club

Venice/Santa Monica Cohousing

To subscribe to announcement/discussion email list
Send blank email to:
venicecoop-subscribe [at] yahoogroups.com   or
enter email address at:
or visit our website at:
http://www.geocities.com/venicecoop

Do you Yahoo!?