Re: Steel homes.. 2 3 plus levels.. with a sundeck roof
From: Norm Gauss (normangauss11comcast.net)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:27:01 -0700 (MST)
John Bower's book "Healthy House Building for the New Millenium" points out that steel is an excellent conductor of heat. Thus, if you are living in an area with cold winters, special measures should be taken to prevent serious heat loss such as double wall construction for exterior walls and/or insulated sheathing (such as foam board) on the exterior.

Steel requires special tools and techniques, and contractors who know how to do the work may be more difficult to find than is the case with conventional lumber framing.

Norman Gauss
Oak Creek Commons
Paso Robles, California