Re: Glass vs. Plastic drinking cups
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 06:53:32 -0700 (MST)
On 2/2/04 8:58 AM, "Laura Fitch" <lfitch [at] krausfitch.com> wrote:

> In our fast paced lives, things like drinking out of glass matter to me - it
> feels more real, more classy, less like a cafeteria where everything is
> thrown out.
>
> Also, glass dries quicker

I agree with this and would also add that restaurant glasses are inexpensive
and last a very long time. Breakage is not a problem. They are heavier,
however, so small children might do better with lighter weight glasses but
our small children seem to travel with their own sippy cups. I'm sure there
is a more modern name for these but they seem to be packed with the diapers
these days.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org