Re: RE: Consensus: late blocks (TR Ruddick)
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:15:44 -0700 (MST)
Hi Diane and others --

I really like CT Butler's thinking on this whole "blocking" thing -- he
maintains that on the path to consensus an individual may "withhold consent"
but only the group can decide if it is "blocked."  This still indicates the
process comes to a standstill, however.  And in my understanding of
consensus process this is just one of many places in the path where the
conversation starts again.

I also am looking for another term for this particular place in the
consensus process...something that indicates the path to consensus is
"interrupted" but not shut down.

Ann Zabaldo