Re: Glass vs. Plastic drinking cups
From: Kay Argyle (argylemines.utah.edu)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:11:00 -0700 (MST)
We started out with donated glasses, mostly glass, some plastic, and a few
pieces of stemware. People definitely preferred the glass to plastic.  These
original have been replaced with purchased glass glasses as needed.  I think
people have continued to donate stemware, because we no longer run out when
wine is served, but very little of it matches.

> ... Breakage is not a problem. ...
Depends on the floor surface.  Until last year, our dining room floor was
concrete, and we went through a LOT of glasses (and bowls -- not much plate
breakage, for some reason).  The pergo flooring has considerably decreased
breakage.

Kay